I had a recipe that was really good but I lost it and tried various different ones that weren’t as good till I ended up with what I made today which is a mish-mash of various online recipes but it is not from any one recipe in particular (or else I’d give credit for it). I’m putting it here on my blog so I don’t lose it.
The pears were sweet enough we didn’t need to use sugar or syrup. I saw recipes for apples and cinnamon but didn’t see any with pears. Next time I’ll try some nutmeg sprinkled on top of the pears.
The kids and I were all so hungry we ate it before I remembered to take a picture. Maybe next time.
1 cup flour
3/4 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pear peeled and sliced thin
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Put 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven while pre-heating.
3. Mix the first 4 ingredients except butter (I used my Kitchen-Aid).
4. Take skillet out of oven and coat with butter.
5. Pour batter into the skillet.
6. Lay the pear slices in the batter.
7. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.